Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dasveydania Kitale

Megan and I are heading home in about 24 hours (happy face/sad face). We will be leaving Kitale around 5:30, leaving Nairobi at 9:50 and will be back home at 4:28 P.M. on Friday! It was sad saying goodbye to people today, especially little Sellenah, Jennifer, and Irene from Oasis but I am so excited to see everyone back home and meet my new niece. We get to spend our last day at Sister Freda’s which will be a great ending to a great trip.
I am really sad thinking how I won’t get to hear Allison sing in church anymore (though I did record her singing last week and will for sure replay that often), or hear Daina snort when she laughs, or get to play ping pong and wire ball with Chris, or be the co-director of baking with Megan. I have loved living with these peeps for the last few weeks and can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. Even our daily walks on the train tracks to Oasis, playing “You know me from…” will be missed. This trip has seriously been so great, and I have so many memories. Thinking about the cool people I have spent so much time with and all of the memories we have from the places we have been is making me a little emotional right now so I might stop.
Allison, Daina, and Chris: You guys staying here for 6 months is so cool. I know that is a pretty non-descript/bland word considering you are doing unbelievable things but I really do think it’s cool. Please don’t forget me and don’t worry, I wont forget your talking alarm clock (Allison), your love for curry (Daina, I mean DEENA), your tree climbing abilities (Chris), or your bright colored outfits (Megan [but we get to be friends at home now!]). I’m very excited to hear all of your new stories in the next few months. Please make sure to keep track of “add me rice” kind of situations.

2 comments:

Mama Oasis said...

Hi....I know how sad it is to leave...actually, I don't think you are as sobby sad as I was (which is probably a good thing...especially if you had seen me and Johnstone crying together like little girls the night before I left!).

I spoke with Onesmus and he told me that you and Megan had been over to the house on Monday. I am guessing you got my left-behind night-guard and are bringing it back with you ....Thanks! He said "They tried to explain what it was, but I didn't understand." I can only imagine what he thought....

Safari njema girls....
Call me when you get home (your dad has my number in his cell phone)
Love you....Lydia

David Hughes said...

haha caroline of course you can borrow heavyweights and the other goodies if i get them :) some things are just too good to not share...