Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don’t Hate Me

I know I haven’t blogged in a really really long time. I am hoping you are reading the other people’s blogs because they have been posting stuff almost everyday. As you can tell, I did not come home on the 19th like I was going to. I decided to stay until at least the 11th of September because I have had such a great time. So for now, my flight is scheduled for the 11th but that could easily change. I will keep you updated.
Saturday we went to a birthday party for all the children at Oasis of Hope. For the most part they are all street children so they don’t know when their birthdays are so while Lydia is here we celebrated for everyone. Allison and Megan and I spent the beginning cutting out letters and ironing them onto t-shirts so each kids could have a shirt with his or her name. The first shirt I ironed was for a kid DANIEL. His shirt has a backwards “E”…oops. The party was very fun, getting to spend more time with all of the kids, playing soccer with them, etc. Sadly, my dad left us that day but Peter, one of our taxi driver friends, delivered some tasty cookies and bread that my dad had sent back with him. I made frosting, and we enjoyed every bite.
Here is a breakdown of what we will do during our week
Monday through Thursday, our mornings will be spent at Oasis of Hope
Monday afternoon: Sister Freda’s
Tuesday afternoon: Purpose Driven Academy
Wednesday afternoon: Gilgal School
Thursday afternoon: open for going to any of these places/laundry/grocery store
All Day Friday: Discover to Recover
Saturday: we will rotate between Tumaini, Bosnia (that IDP camp), and some other things
Sunday: church at Deliverance (it takes 53 minutes to walk there or 50 shillings [less than a dollar] to take a motor boda [a taxi via a motorcycle]. People invite us over a lot so some afternoons will be spent there but that’s also our day for laundry

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Have you guys been up on the stage at Deliverance again to do the Sunday Chicken dance?