Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Day with Dad





john??  I didn't know you were in Nairobi!







My dad and I tried to play checkers on a chess board but couldn't remember how to play..sad face









BUT I did think this chair was really cool










we ate dinner with a girl ashley at the Carnivore: a restaurant where they bring all types meat on swords to your plate until you can eat no more and put down a literal white flag of surrender.  The picture shows the remains of chicken, beef, lamb, pork spare ribs, ostrich meat balls, and crocodile.  I got seconds on a couple of things but I did turn down the chicken liver.





Neal and John, I did not let ANY dessert go to waste.

4 comments:

Neal Kapur said...

Why am I not surprised that the plate is licked clean?

Rachel Link said...

Oh sweet Carol.
These photos and you European lady friend story just made me laugh so hard.
I love you so much.
and I can't wait to hear more!
SImilarily I am also not surprised about the licking of the plate.

casey glass said...

I MISS YOU!!!! i hope you're having a great time! love that you're learning not to be picky about food! hahah so hard... i had kenya tea todayyyyy! you're so great and i love reading about what you're doing! xoxo

lindsey pierce said...

shocker, caroline finishes her dessert/ ostrich balls.

ps. you didnt mention anything about the mile high club.

love you, miss you. give us more updates soon!!